Monday, September 26, 2011

What place is holy?

Two buddhist monks recently set themselves on fire as protest against the Chinese government. And the Daily Llama (sorry, it's a Python mag. I meant Dalai Lama) is in a battle of words with the same, about who can choose his successor. So in short, they're still in battle.

 Like it was said in The Disappearance Of The Universe: "what would make one place holier than another? They are all part of the same dream." The buddhists could save themselves a heap of trouble by just settling down in any peaceful country which would have them, and practice their Releasing, Advanced Forgiveness, and connection with Source.

 Similar stuff on a smaller level: some years ago I imagined that one day I'd build or buy a big and very cool house. But since then it has become less and less interesting, especially since finding nondualism in the book mentioned above. All the interesting stuff is happening Inside anyway. And by living in a small and cheap place, I don't need to work as much, leaving more time to practice advanced forgiveness (giving up conflicts). Also it lets me save up for retirement and a rainy day, giving a little more peace of mind, and the ability to donate to causes I believe in. (While I try to keep in mind that since the world and money are both illusory, it's the love behind the giving which counts. If you do it out of guilt solely, not much is moved on a spiritual level. (The Soul Of Money.)
   Eolake


11 comments:

TC [Girl] said...

Eolake said...
"If you do it out of guilt solely, not much is moved on a spiritual level."

Interesting how you write this on the Eve that I listened to an audio on exactly the same subject! Thanks, also, re: the book recommendation; I always enjoy reading further. :-)

TC [Girl] said...

Hi, Eo...

Just wanted to say thanks for the book recommendation. I'm reading it, now, and am really enjoying it. Almost makes me want to give away one of only 3 material things (gadgets; what else! :-) I "cherish:" my camera! Almost! ;-)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Kewl.

TC [Girl] said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Nope, sorry.

TC [Girl] said...

I'm really enjoying the chapter on 'Money is Like Water.' What a great analogy! So perfect! So much better to "speak" to someone w/the "scarcity" mentality than talking about "abundance," through the use/verbiage of a "soul"...especially for people who aren't spiritual. Thanks. :-)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

I'm glad to hear it.

TC [Girl] said...

I'm reading further on 'The Soul...' and so much loved the story of 'Tracy: Shared Resources and Shared Richness' in the 'Collaboration Creates Prosperity' chapter. So beautiful and...I loved how the author helped me to appreciate the word and concept "enough." Yes...there is "enough" for all of us; and...we are all "enough" in who we are (we don't need to impress anyone!); and...that our needs can be met...because there is..."enough." :-D

TC [Girl] said...

Eo...

I was just looking on Amazon to price the book and noticed: 1) that there are several other, newer books, with different titles; and 2) I don't even see the 2003 version that I am reading:'The Soul of Money - Transforming Your Relationship With Money and Life;' and...3) that...the one that I do have, is available...for a Kindle; so...that, at least, is cool...for those with a Kindle. :-( (sigh)

What is the exact title and copyright date of the version you have, Eo?

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

"The Soul of Money: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Life"

Is the title of my kindle version.
The paper version is probably the same.

TC [Girl] said...

OK. Good. Just checking...since I didn't realize that there were all these other versions.

Prob going to get YKW the audio version. Can't seem to even get to 3 chapters that I had recommended, over 3 weeks ago. Won't open a book nor be open-minded. SOSDD. :-(

Thanks.