Friday, July 15, 2011

"This Too Shall Pass"

New animated ebook for iPad, This Too Shall Pass.

I like it. It stresses the ephemeral and impermanent nature of all things in time and space.

A happy and serene character says words to this effect: “I never let my livelihood, or lack of livelihood, interfere with every opportunity I have to live richly. I do all I do with a mind which has let go”.

The last words there I feel are central to good spiritual teachings. And while I'm sure there is an end to that journey, one will know when one is there, and until then, all the central lessons must be learned not just once, but many many times. One should not think this means one is dim, only that one is now learning on a higher level, from a higher perspective. 

6 comments:

TC [Girl] said...

The illustrations, etc. look cool. :-)

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

They are, very.

Almost as good as their first book, The Pedlar Lady.

TC [Girl] said...

(Blogger not showing either of our comments. Are you receiving them? I saw you do a test, the other day. Working, now?)

Those will be fun "books" to watch/read, someday. Would probably be fun to put together, as well. :-)

TC [Girl] said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eolake Stobblehouse said...

(My browser is showing all comments (four plus this one).

TC [Girl] said...
This comment has been removed by the author.