Sunday, October 11, 2009

O'Keeffe etc

Every man, wherever he goes, is encompassed by a cloud of comforting convictions, which move with him like flies on a summer day.
-- Bertrand Russell

Of course there is no formula for success except perhaps an unconditional acceptance of life and what it brings.

-- Arthur Rubinstein

There is one piece of advice, in a life of study, which I think no one will object to; and that is, every now and then to be completely idle - to do nothing at all.
-- Sydney Smith

I said to myself, I have things in my head that are not like what anyone has taught me - shapes and ideas so near to me - so natural to my way of being and thinking that it hasn't occurred to me to put them down. I decided to start anew, to strip away what I had been taught.
-- Georgia O'Keeffe

No comments: