Sunday, September 9, 2012

Self power


ACIM Lesson 253:

My Self is ruler of the universe.
It is impossible that anything should come to me unbidden by myself. Even in this world, it is I who rule my destiny. What happens is what I desire. What does not occur is what I do not want to happen. This must I accept. For thus am I led past this world to my creations, children of my will, in Heaven where my holy Self abides with them and Him Who has created me.

=========

This would seem to tell us that all those Power-Of-Attraction philosophies are right.
Except in a crucial aspect: getting what you want will not make you happy, so long as what you want is in this world.
(Also I think that the little Self, the human, may sometimes be in conflict with the Single Self.)

… But despite this, one must learn that all one has is exactly what one wants, in order to be able to change one’s wants and go home.

No comments: