Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A forgiving woman

Toward the end of Sunday service, the minister asked, "How many of you have forgiven your enemies?" About 80% of the church goers held up their hands.

The Minister then asked, "How many of you would be willing to forgive your enemies?" All responded this time, except one small old lady.

"Mrs. Neely? Are you not willing to forgive your enemies?" the minister asked.

"I don't have any," she replied, smiling sweetly.

"Mrs. Neely, that is very unusual," the minister commented. "How old are you?"

"I'm ninety-eight," she replied. The congregation stood up and applauded.

The minister said, "Please come down here and tell us all how a person can live ninety-eight years and not have a single enemy in the world."

The little sweetheart of a lady tottered down the aisle, faced the congregation, and said, "I outlived all the sons of $%#&@es!"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genial dispatch and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you as your information.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Good to hear, thanks.

Anonymous said...

Well I acquiesce in but I think the brief should have more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it