Monday, December 17, 2007

Einstein

"The most important decision we make is whether we believe we live in a friendly or hostile universe." - Albert Einstein

This is a surprisingly profound statement. This is basically the decision which decides whether you stay in this universe indefinitely, or you go free and go home.

Carol Howe taught me this exercise: imagine that every single thing and every single person in the town where you live, has only love for you, and only wishes you the very best.
This exercise obviously scales up or down as you want.

2 comments:

Ken Norton said...

What is the source of the Einstein quote on the most important decision is whether the universe is friendly or not? I would like to know where Einstein said this or authored this in a book, article or lecture. Many on the internet put these words into Einstein's mouth but I have yet to see a source cited.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

A good point. I wish I knew.